Our technical support team is ready to help you with any problems you may have. Submit a support ticket and we'll help you ASAP.
30 DAY GUARANTEED REFUND
Documentation aikon Scroll Top
aikon Scroll Top (Scroll Top henceforth) allows you to display a stylish scroll up arrow at the bottom of your website's pages - to help your users navigate through you website.
This is a standard Joomla! Module. To install it you will need to log into your admin interface and select the Extension Manager under the 'Extensions' tab in your top menu (assuming you are using a standard admin interface). Once you're inside, click on the 'Upload Package File' tab (it may already be selected for you), and drag the packaged zip file into the 'Browse' button, or click on the 'Browse' button and select it. Finally, click on the 'Upload & Install' button and you're ready to go.
The module will now be available from the Module Manager found under the 'Extensions' tab in the top menu of the admin interface. An initial module will be created for you, and you can create additional modules by clicking on the 'New' button. Select the modules you have already made in order to configure them. Don't forget to publish them in the correct positioning and on the right pages.
Modules can also be included inside an article. If you'd like to do that, here is some info directly from the Joomla! Documentation portal: http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F
Basic Settings – Configuring Your Very First Scroll Top
After you have installed and published the module it's time to set it up!
- Arrow Style – select one of our 10 stylish icons, upload your own or write your own text!
- Hide Module From? – This option allows you to hide the Scroll Up in tablets / mobile devices.
- Animation Style – there are 3 types of animations, fade in, slide from down, slide from the side, choose your preferred one!
Heads up: Scroll Top requires jQuery to function. If you are encountering any problems, please make sure the module is published correctly, and then try switching on 'Load jQuery' (click on 'Yes'). This will make the extension load its own jQuery.
If your new module still isn't working properly, we strongly recommend you follow our troubleshooting tips below.
Styling Your Scroll Top
In the "Design Settings" section, you will see the following options:
- Arrow Color – the color of the arrow icon / custom text
- Arrow BG Color – the BACKGROUND color of the icon.
- Color Hover, BG Hover and BG Click – The colors of the icon, text and background when mouse hovering and mouse clicking the icon, respectively.
- Arrow Size – define the size of the icon / text in pixels.
- Border Radius – defines the border radius of the arrow box.
- Width and Height – defines the width and height of the arrow box, the icon will automatically center itself regardless the sizes you choose.
Positioning the Arrow Box
In the "Positioning Settings" section, you will see the following options:
- Arrow Position – choose if the arrow box will be in the right side or the left side of the browser.
- Offset From Side – define the margin from the side of the browser.
- Offset From Bottom – define the margin from the bottom of the browser.
The module may not work for various reasons. These can all be easily resolved.
The most common reasons are improper configuration of general module information or parameters, and/or a jQuery issue.
You should therefore make sure your module's general configurations are valid and fit your intention:
- Make sure the module has been properly published (check its status in the Module Manager).
- Double-check that the module is positioned correctly.
- Make sure the module has been published on the right page(s).
- Make sure you have the proper editing permissions (if you're using a Joomla! Access Control component).
Solving jQuery Issues:
Most extensions require a jQuery plugin. Many of them include added features that enable users to leverage jQuery to the fullest. The only problem is that users often upload jQuery themselves, and by doing so they overwrite the extended version of jQuery, thus preventing the extension from working properly.
The best solution is to make sure only one instance of jQuery is loaded. One way of doing that is to manually check that jQuery is NOT loaded via the form template but by Joomla! only. We also suggest you download a free plugin which can help you handle this issue. It's called jQuery Easy, and it's available here: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/performance/jquery-scripts/18327
Pease notice: we are NOT responsible for any damage that may be caused by using the jQuery Easy plugin. The plugin needs to installed, enabled and configured manually.
The recommended settings for this plugin are: under the 'Basic Site Options' select 'Enable jQuery field jQuery' or 'JQuery + jQuery UI (select one of them, according to your specific needs). Under version select 1.8 and you're ready to go!