Our technical support team is ready to help you with any problems you may have. Submit a support ticket and we'll help you ASAP.
30 DAY GUARANTEED REFUND
Documentation aikon Floating Search
aikon Floating Search allows you to insert and display a beautifully-designed search icon within your website in a way that is both simple and effective. Clicking on it opens up a stylish and cool search modal, you're visitors are sure to like.
This is a standard Joomla! Module. To install it you will need to log into your admin interface and select the Extension Manager under the 'Extensions' tab in your top menu (assuming you are using a standard admin interface). Once you're inside, click on the 'Upload Package File' tab (it may already be selected for you), and drag the packaged zip file into the 'Browse' button, or click on the 'Browse' button and select it. Finally, click on the 'Upload & Install' button and you're ready to go.
The module will now be available from the Module Manager found under the 'Extensions' tab in the top menu of the admin interface. An initial module will be created for you, and you can create additional modules by clicking on the 'New' button. Select the modules you have already made in order to configure them. Don't forget to publish them in the correct positioning and on the right pages.
Modules can also be included inside an article. If you'd like to do that, here is some info directly from the Joomla! Documentation portal: http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F.
Configuring Your Very First aikon Floating Search
The search modal offers several easy to understand configuration settings:
- Modal Intro Text - defines the text that will appear above the search modal.
- Search Bar Text - determines the text for the placeholder within the modal's search box.
- Floating Search Positions - allows you to position the search icon on the right or left side of your website.
- Floating Search Icon Theme - allows you to choose between a light or dark color scheme for the search icon.
- Floating Search Box Theme - allows you to choose between a light or dark color scheme for modal's search box.
- Text Direction - defines the direction of the text within the modal.
- Select a Menu Item - lets you choose a menu item from your website. The item refers to the specific location for displaying search results. We strongly recommend using your existing search results page (or creating one, if you do not already have one).
Heads up: aikon Floating Search requires jQuery to function. If you are encountering any problems, please make sure the 'Load jQuery' is switched on (by swiping 'Yes'). This will make the extension load its own jQuery.
If your new module still isn't working properly, we strongly recommend you follow our troubleshooting tips below.
The module may not work for various reasons. These can all be easily resolved.
The most common reasons are improper configuration of general module information or parameters, and/or a jQuery issue.
You should therefore make sure your module's general configurations are valid and fit your intention:
- Make sure the module has been properly published (check its status in the Module Manager).
- Double-check that the module is positioned correctly.
- Make sure the module has been published on the right page(s).
- Make sure you have the proper editing permissions (if you're using a Joomla! Access Control component).
Make sure the module's parameters are valid: aikon Floating Search requires correct settings. Check out the rest of the document to make sure everything has been set correctly.
Solving jQuery Issues:
Most extensions require a jQuery plugin. Many of them include added features that enable users to leverage jQuery to the fullest. The only problem is that users often upload jQuery themselves, and by doing so they overwrite the extended version of jQuery, thus preventing the extension from working properly.
The best solution is to make sure only one instance of jQuery is loaded. One way of doing that is to manually check that jQuery is NOT loaded via the form template but by Joomla! only. We also suggest you download a free plugin which can help you handle this issue. It's called jQuery Easy, and it's available here: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/performance/jquery-scripts/18327
Pease notice: we are NOT responsible for any damage that may be caused by using the jQuery Easy plugin. The plugin needs to installed, enabled and configured manually.
The recommended settings for this plugin are: under the 'Basic Site Options' select 'Enable jQuery field jQuery' or 'JQuery+jQuery UI (select one of them, according to your specific needs). Under version select 1.8 and you're ready to go!